menu monday*



While my living room is a disaster and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it, I'm going to have a little fun in the kitchen this week. We went out for dinner saturday night to a local Mexican/Yucatan restaurant called Casa Maya. They make delicious potato and avocado empanadas. I'm going to try and re-create the recipe using Pepperidge Farm puff pastry which happens to be vegan. Also, I'm making a sundried tomato and faux sausage calzone. I'm also going to work on a wild rice casserole w/seitan. So here's to a little fun.

monday
sundried tomato & sausageless calzone
garden lettuces
~
tuesday
asian stir fry with tofu, vegetables & crushed peanuts
~
wednesday
potato & avocado empanadas with balsamic reduction
~
thursday
spicy black bean tacos w/peach salsa
~
friday
oven roasted eggplant w/orzo
garden lettuces
~
saturday
gardenburgers w/oven roasted red bliss potatoes
~
sunday
split pea and carrot soup
cornbread
*not a single animal was harmed in the making of this food

9 comments

  1. My goodness, you are making me very hungry :) What a terrific (and healthy) menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sincerely hope you are writing down all the recipes for us. Split pea and carrot soup sound so scrumptious! xo kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet, You look like a gourmet chef throwing that dough up in the air! And everything sounds delicious. I use to cook with seitan all the time. I love browning it until it's kind of crunchy on the outside. Yum. xoTrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear Janet... o.k, this is one of your menu days. I´ll come back later... well, sorry, so far you know me very well...
    Until 1 month ago I had living with us a niece who was studying for being a chef and she used to prepare yami things for us, but I really never could helped her, I just set the table, it was all I did.
    Cariños
    María Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! I like your blog :) Seems like you have a beautiful home!
    Greetings from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy reading your menus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just had to come by and tell you that the 2nd photo that you liked...there was no fireplace. You don't have to have a fireplace to use a mantel. Thanks for visiting. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am hoping to try the chili recipe this week. I adore your kitchen cabinets that look very much like furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sincerely hope you are writing down all the recipes for us.


    Web hosting india

    ReplyDelete

kindness is never out of style.

Back to Top