the royal botanic gardens at kew






I thought I'd sneak in another english garden today.
The Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew is situated in Kew, one of the most quaint towns I've ever seen.








Full of beautiful townhomes and it seemed like every house had a Maserati in the driveway.











The Kew Palm House built in 1848 and is considered to be the most important surviving Victorian iron and glass structure in the world. 











The vast structure was built to accomodate the tops of large palms.






When we first walked inside we were like, ahhhhhh, so warm.
but after climbing the sprial staircase to the top, we were ready for fresh, cold air again!


















t

This is another one of those cute, doable ideas for the garden.
Maybe not on this massive scale but with an old table and chairs and mis-matched china?






All the china is drilled into the table with drain holes.
So clever.







This is the Lily Pond House (hi Linda!)
Pretty amazing inside...





You don't really get a sense of the size of the lily pads until you see a person next to them...





Amazing right?  And so over-the-top






gorgeous window boxes








And no visit to an English Garden is complete without a proper cream tea.

Next up, Petersham Nursery!  I can't wait.


27 comments

  1. I can't get over the size of the lily pads. I love Kew, even the local tube station has inspirational quotes chalked up outside it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kew Gardens is definitely on my list! My gosh - what a trip you had - you just hit all of the best spots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow the lily pads are huge. Thanks heaps for taking us the blog readers along with you.
    Love Leanne NZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the Kew Gardener storefront and those lily pads are pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lily pads are surreal, love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love touches of whimsy in a garden and that table setting is just a delight!
    Those lily ponds are amazing too I have never imagined that they could be so enormous.

    I hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are so lovely. Keep them coming, I'm living vicariously through you. :)

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Kew and Richmond. How bleak was that day? Love seeing all your wonderful photos. I'll never tire of it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't wait? Me either. Lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you seen the wonderful Attenborough DVD series on Kew? It covers the four seasons at Kew Gardens and is worth having in your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no i have not patricia, but i'll look into them. thanks!

      Delete
  11. What a great day! Your photos are so good. Please keep it coming, I love reliving it all through your posts. Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, is that you in the lily pad photo? I couldn't tell.

      Delete
    2. I had that thought too, however on closer inspection no.

      Delete
  12. I don't want these photos to end!
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is now on our list for our England trip! Thank you so much for your amazing photos! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kew is lovely - one of my friends got married there, beautiful location.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I find it funny that I so love your blog for American photos (Im a HUGE fan of your wonderful country) yet at the moment it is lots of pictures of home!Mind you I have never been to the gardens of the south so I am really enjoying the tour! Thankyou! xxxx Helen from the UK xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kew is the only garden I've been in that was 'fine/good' while I was in it then afterward, even now more than a year later, speaks to my soul. Deeply.

    Have no idea why. I'm thinking it is the trees, those incredibly knowing old souls.

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love these pictures. Thanks, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for taking us along. Lily pads are crazyyyyy. Can;t wait for Petersham!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How beautiful! The spiral staircase in the palm room - spectacular! New to your blog and really enjoying what I see here. :)
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the application of that sort-of-aqua in English gardens. Ahhh.

    ReplyDelete

kindness is never out of style.

Back to Top